My friend Kathy over at Memoir Writer’s Journey has passed on to me the Irresistibly Sweet Blogger’s Award!
Here’s what it looks like:
A writer and retired family nurse practitioner, Kathy is penning a Christian-themed memoir. Her blog offers writing and publishing tips and links she’s run across in her journey. Hop on over and check her out.
As with any award, there are a few “rules and regulations” one must follow to accept the accolades. These include:
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award;
- List 7 random, little-known facts about yourself; and
- Present the award to at least 1 other sweet blogger.
Okay, I’ve checked and re-checked, and these “rules” keep changing, kind of like that game where one person whispers a secret to the person seated next to them, they tell the person on their other side, and so on until you get to the last person, who usually has a hilariously garbled version of the original secret.
Some of the “rules” say you have to pass the award to 7 other bloggers, some say 12 or 15. Some specify you must notify the recipients you’ve pegged; others don’t mention anything about that. Consequently, I’m picking the rules I want to follow — what can I say, I’m used to being the boss!
I like the first rule. Gratitude is good. So, Thank You, Kathy, for passing the honor to me. You’re sweet to do so, and I’m going to treasure it!
I’m okay with the second rule (she said, taking a huge gulp of courage!). Some random facts about me that you might not know:
- I actually like to iron.
- I’ve been able to read upside down for a long time — comes in handy when you’re interviewing city officials, judges, etc.
- My first pet was a Weenie-dog.
- I don’t eat strawberries (can’t stand the way they feel in my mouth).
- My eyes were blue until I was two years old.
- Music helps me focus and work better.
- I’m a lifetime member of my college sorority.
Now, here are the bloggers (in no particular order) I’m passing this award on to next (and forgive me if you’ve already been tagged!):