My friend Karen over at The Kazual Kreative recently bestowed an award upon me, and I thank her for it most sincerely!
Now I’ve seen these doo-dads around for a while, usually on blogs I enjoy reading because they’re posted by writers I’ve come to respect. To join their ranks is a humbling, yet exciting, experience.
As with any prize, there are rules attached to its full acceptance. I suppose one could simply grab the award and run, but where’s the fun in that??
The Versatile Blogger award requires a nominee to:
- link to and thank the person making the nomination. Check.
- add the Versatile Blogger image on their blog. Check.
- list seven things about him(her)self.
- link to 15 blogs to “tag” as future recipients. Spread the love around, you know.
So, without further ado, I present 7 facts you might (or might not) know about me:
1. I wear silver-colored metals better than gold-colored ones.
2. I have never liked balloons.
3. Or clowns.
4. Once I rode in a hot-air balloon (totally cool and totally unlike party balloons!)
5. I also flew in a single-engine airplane. (But not at the same time as #4. Obviously!)
6. I don’t particularly enjoy being wet. Either from rain or from a swimming pool.
7. I won’t eat lima beans.
Phew, that was challenging. Who knew a person could make such a fascinating list, huh?!
Moving on, here are my nominees for the Versatile Blogger award. They’re listed in no particular order. And yes, I’ve checked to make sure I’m not repeating (wouldn’t want anyone to have to come up with new facts and links after they’ve done it once!).
Wait a minute. Linking to 15 previously non-rewarded blogs is more time-consuming than I’m willing to tackle. So I’m changing the rules. I herewith present eight nominees for the Versatile Blogger award. Anyone who regularly reads my blog and wants to be included in my list can e-mail me. Or just assume you’ve been included and thank me with a nice link!
Note to those who “control” this award: No, you may NOT take it away from me, just because I failed to find 15 blogs to link to! I tried, really. But this thing has been around the block a few times now, and while I should be miffed I wasn’t among the first to receive it, better late than never. Face it — it’s mine, regardless of whether I followed the rules. And I’m NOT giving it back!
To the following lucky bloggers, Tag, You’re It!
6. Dawn King