Did you know:
- Americans carry nearly $800 billion in credit card debt. To put it another way, if you were alive during Jesus’s time and spent $1 million every day since, you wouldn’t have reached $798 billion!
- Less than 4 percent of the world’s population sports naturally red hair (2 percent in the U.S.). And redheads don’t turn grey; rather, they become sandy, then white.
- When My Favorite Domer was born in 1991, the average U.S. price of a gallon of gas was $1.21.
- There are between 300 and 500 dimples on a typical golf ball (336 is a common number, though).
- The most expensive perfume in the world is Clive Christian No. 1 Imperial Majesty Perfume — $12,721.89 per ounce! They only made 10 bottles (which were of Baccarat crystal, featuring a 5-carat white diamond and an 18-carat gold collar).
- A 115-lb. person burns 42 calories per hour while peacefully sleeping.
- Life expectancy in the U.S. is now 78.49 years, compared to Monaco’s 89.68 years and Chad’s 48.69 years.
- Cardinals typically select one of their own to become Pope, but actually, any baptized Catholic male could be named.
- March is National Umbrella Month. Churches designated as basilicas contain an honorary papal umbrella striped in red and gold, which is opened during a visit by the Pope.
- More than 30 years later, the case surrounding the deaths of seven people in the Chicago area from cyanide-laced Tylenol tablets has never been solved.
Now, don’t you feel smarter?!