My friend Kathy recently included me in her list of seven bloggers to receive The Inspiring Blog Award.
Kathy, you’re a treasure, and I thank you most sincerely!
Now, this award brings a few “regulations,” including:
- Share seven little-known facts about yourself
- Pass the award on to seven other deserving bloggers
(What is it about the number seven and these awards??)
Anyway, before I expound on how prevalent “seven” is in the Bible, or in nature, or music, or whatever, let’s get to the facts about moi —
- My first car was a sea-foam green color.
- My first dog was a smooth-haired dachshund.
- I still have a scar on my knee from where I was trying to manually raise my bicycle’s sticky kickstand as a kid.
- I hate stupidity. And cauliflower.
- I find much peace being near water, though not in it.
- I was twenty-one before I got my ears pierced (just the lobes, thank you very much).
- I got my first drivers license on my sixteenth birthday.
Whew, that wasn’t easy. I probably should’ve added that I consider myself a very private person, so making lists for public consumption isn’t exactly a stroll in the park!
Let’s turn the page and get to my nominees for The Inspiring Blog Award. Here they are, in no particular order:
- Odd Loves Company. Katybeth never fails to make me laugh. Or think. And I admire that she blogs every day (sometimes more than once!).
- The Water Witch’s Daughter. Suzicate offers spectacular photography, poems, and inspiring words of wisdom.
- JannaT Writes. And write she does. Plenty of short fiction, poems, and entries into the Trifecta weekly writing challenge. Where does she find the time?
- My Inner Chick. Kim writes openly and honestly about the love she has for her sister, who was murdered going on three years ago. Love that deep is inspiring.
- These are Days…You’ll Remember. Terri works full time, has practically grown kids, and recently added a second dog. She’s also an organ doner. How inspiring is that?
- Marc and Angel Hack Life. These two offer “practical tips for productive living.” What that means is, you’ll find sensible suggestions for lots of things plus inspiration galore.
- God Speaks I Listen. Tanya is the wife of a minister and writes of her deep Faith and Love for God. Her writing inspires and educates.
If I’ve nominated anybody who’s already been selected, I apologize. The rest of you know what to do. Get busy!