An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day. ~Henry David Thoreau, American author
Have you ever noticed how many different shades of green there are, especially in Springtime?
One recent day, I tried — unsuccessfully — to persuade Dallas to take a long walkie with me and ultimately opted to go by myself…with camera in hand, of course.
The temperature was around 60 degrees. The sun was shining. The winds were calm.
And I covered several miles before my Puritan Muse insisted I get back home and do some work!
Still, I hope you enjoy the photos I captured of green things Mother Nature has placed in my world:
1) This one combines my two favorite colors, green and blue
2) This odd bush had pinkish tips among pale green.
3) Hostas along a wrought-iron fence.
4) New bright green growth on this bush.
5) Some kind of pine (perhaps white or Scotch, from the long, silky needles)
6) Tree showing its new leaves.
7) Looks like somebody seeded for new grass in this spot.
8) Variegated Hostas
9) These purple Iris flowers have spiky green leaves.
10) Dark green moss growing on the north side of this Maple tree.
11) Holly won’t have bright red berries until much later in the year.
12) Some kind of creeping variegated thing growing along a rustic wooden fence.