I was going to conquer the world but got distracted by something sparkly. — Unknown
Boy, can I relate to that! Funny how I wake up with big plans, then realize storms are on their way and find myself happily beading instead.
So here are the latest additions to my jewelry “portfolio.”
1) This is an 8″ bracelet comprised of dyed pink, blue, white, and green howlite beads with a silver toggle clasp. Howlite, associated with the sign of Gemini, is a calming gemstone, used to stimulate imagination. A soft stone, it can be placed beneath the pillow to counteract insomnia; it’s also beneficial for those suffering from an imbalance of calcium levels.
2) Measuring 3 1/2″ in length, each of these earrings contains four 6mm bright pink glass beads (no I don’t usually work with glass beads, but these caught my eye). They’re separated by daisy spacers, 4mm round silver beads, and interconnected with an antique silver flower.
3) This pair of 3 1/4″ earrings boasts three 6mm faceted ruby beads separated by daisy spacers. The bottom portion hangs from a figure 8 connector to the top portion, which is comprised of two twisted silver tube beads. A fishhook ear wire completes the piece.
4) Everything goes with clear crystal! Each of these 3 1/4″ earrings is comprised of three 8mm faceted round beads with daisy spacers. An antique flower connector attaches that part to one 6mm faceted bead flanked by antique silver tube beads.
5) You all know how much I love green, so it’s no surprise this pair is among my favorites. Each earring measures 3 1/8″ long. The top portion has two 6mm snow white pearls flanking an antique silver mini-tube bead; the bottom portion has one 6mm emerald bicone, silver spacers, and one 6mm peridot bicone. A silver circle connects the two halves.
6) I think this pair of earrings looks pretty simple, but the first time I wore them, I got all kinds of compliments. Who knew? They’re 3 1/4″ in length. A Swarovski pear-shaped crystal dangles from six twisted silver tube beads. A fishhook ear wire completes the piece.
7) This pair of antique silver owl earrings measures 3 1/4″ in length and hangs from three 4mm rose crystal bicones which alternate with three 4mm round hematite beads. Hematite, also known as “blood stone,” increases intuition and improves oxygen supply to the body. Not to get too weird on you, but Owl, I believe, is my spirit animal, or totem. At least for now. For more information on spirit animals, and to find out which one is yours, here’s an online quiz.