You know, there are days when I just can’t help wondering:
1) With only 10% or so of the population being left-handed, how come vacuum cleaners have their cord on the right side of the handle? How are we expected to hold both in one hand?
2) What’s up with a Ladies Tool Kit? I mean, isn’t a screwdriver the same whether it comes in basic black or with a pink flowery handle?
3) Why is candy corn seasonal? If you could find a bag on July Fourth, for example, wouldn’t the candy taste just as good (or awful, if you happen to hate candy corn!) as it does at Halloween?
4) Why does every neighborhood have that one house where folks don’t take care of their yard? I’m not talking about aged or infirm people. I’m talking about able-bodied folks, who refuse to mow the lawn, mulch the leaves, decorate for the holidays, you get the picture.
5) And who’s making sweaters these days? On which planet do women have arms that long??
6) Why do dogs hate it when you blow in their faces, yet invariably stick their entire heads out a car window when going for a ride?
7) Since when do we expect clerks in stores to work on Thanksgiving Day? Doesn’t it seem reasonable that they, too, have earned time off with their families? Would one day really make that big a difference in the economy?
8) What’s behind all the TMI (over-sharing) we’re prone to these days? Does anybody really care about some stranger’s new piercings?
9) Why, when you contribute to one charity, are you suddenly placed on the mailing list for every charity? I’ve got stacks of notepads, more address labels than I can use in a lifetime, calendars, certificates of appreciation, and such from organizations I’ve never heard of. Sending this junk out has got to eat into their profits.
10) Doesn’t it stand to reason that a rabbit’s foot would be luckier on the rabbit than in your pocket?!
What would you like to rant about today??